Monday, November 12, 2007

Bol Kentang




It's my second off day today. The office needed me to come in cos there was not enough people on the floor, but noooo...... it's been awhile since I tried something new in the kitchen. Well, the dish is not exactly new new cos mum cooked it in her kitchen before. But the dish was not introduced in my kitchen before.

F enjoyed it but he felt that it is not satisfying (for his tummy). He wants rice...
He ended up eating last night curry with fried chix and a hard boil egg.

I enjoyed my Bol Kentang. It's simply mashed potatoes (or Kentang in Malay) made in a Ball (thus the word Bol)... with minced beef and mixed veggies stuffing.
I sauteed some onions, garlic and ginger. Add the mince beef and mixed veggies. Stir it around till it's cooked. Salt and pepper....
The boiled potatoes are mashed, mixed with a bit of butter, milk and ohh.. I found some grated Parmesan cheese in the fridge. So I used them in the mashed potatoes. Heheh...
The potatoes ball are fried in a little oil to firm it up. And you eat it drench in a nice hearty bowl of beef stock soup. Yummy....

No comments: