Sunday, November 11, 2007

October October October...



October had been a crazy month.


But I had fun. There was the Eid celebration... and there was F's bike race. That's another story to tell. The fact that I slept on a park bench while the bike race goes on around me.... heheh




October gave me the opportunity to utilize all my baking desires that had been bursting to escape ever since I got the new home and oven...




Managed 5 batches of oatmeal and raisin cookies, 5 batches of cornflakes choc chip cookies and 3 batches of the hershey choc cake. Made the choc cake into little mini cup cakes. Mum gave me the metal thingies to hold the cake together while it bakes. The name just slipped my mind... what do one call those things anyways... She said that if I dun place the paper cups in the metal thingy then my choc cake will turn out square... well I definitely want round cupcakes....


Squeezed the batter into yellow paper cups and it turned out like little sunflowers. The inside is moist but the outside is crispy when you first took it out of the oven. I kept it in the fridge to serve when guests come over to our little corner home.




Recipe for the Choc Cake... taken from the back of the Hershey Cocoa box



HERSHEY'S "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" Chocolate Cake



Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water


You can view the instructions from here.


I replaced the sugar with brown sugar. I love the taste of brown sugar in baked goods. But I've not learnt enough baking to know what's difference in terms of texture.. or flavour or what happened when you mix one with the other. I just like it...

No comments: