Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cakes for SIL

F's Lil sis getting married.... been practising my cake skills and still cannot decide what cakes to make. Tried to make brownies the other day before my Sunday Night shift. Thot it'll be a nice surprise for the office on Monday morn. I wanted to make 2 batches... so I doubled ALLLL the ingredients... but when it came out of the oven... I realised that it does not look dense. It looks very cake-like, very light and airy. I took another half hour pondering on it and then realised that I doubled ALLLL the ingredients EXCEPT the sugar. Heheh... So I got cake instead of brownies. But since it has the chunky choc pieces and almonds (from Kashmir), it was still a special cake. And they love it.
Pictures later....

And boy do they need a sugar boost on Monday!! We were short-staffed that day. In fact, we have been in the situation for the whole month now.... sigh.. and everyone else were going sick and here we are, the seniors, trying hard not to fall sick.. downing herbal teas after herbal teas. I worked 3 days in a row of 12 hour shift... and one day off and 2 days... I think I see more of the office than F or the house. On my off days, I tried to rush all errands, cleaning, cooking.. all the time reminding myself to treat myself something...

Sooo... that day was CK Tangs Cardmembers' sale preview. Preview I did!! Shop too... Got meself a gift set, comes with Shower Gel, Lotion and Parfum. Yeay!! Gonna use it on special occasion, such as SIL's wedding...

Ooohhh. back to the cake...So I'm contemplating on the following cakes:
- That special chunky choc cake that I made by mistake..
- Tri-colour marble cake
- My infamous choc tart (might make this for A's sake... cos she read the entry on the choc tart and DROOOOLL...)
- The simple, simple Hershey Choc Cake... made them into little little cups like during Eid...

No comments: